Sunday 4 November 2012

Who's That Girrrrl

Just a little bit of a babble about my weekend really.
random firework pictures from weheartit    me and Sally dancing the Tanzania Dance

On Friday me and my homies went to watch fireworks at the local park for the third year in a row, so it's become a bit of a tradition now. The fireworks were pleasant enough but my lord it was freezing! I had walked at least two miles prior to standing in my flats on a cold, wet field. I would've worn my wellies but I was going to a party with my friend Hannah afterwards so I didn't want to look like a complete tramp...We warmed up inside for a bit after the spectacle, listened to some live music and watched enviously as some of my friends ate their Chinese food. Damn, that was a good idea.

After wandering around the village in the hope that it would pass some time so that everyone would be good and drunk before we arrived, me and Hannah headed to the party, in all our frizzy hair, casual clothing and fire-smelling selves. It was so funny at how terrified we were; the birthday boy was in the year above so we only knew a small handful of the people going. We crept up to the door but were greeted (thankfully) by some familiar faces. Most of the Tanzania crew was there too so we had a little reunion, with Sally and I resurrecting the Tanzania Dance.

Oh, and to top off the weekend, Benson from Tanzania said "missing you a lot dada" (dada meaning sister) to me on Facebook today. Yeah, be jealous. Anyway, to try and give this post a little bit of a purpose I just want to say that this is my favourite time of year. It's the perfect time to go running too, I went last night and was entertained by the fireworks exploding left, right and centre as well as a bit of drum and bass in the form of Camo and Krooked. Autumn/Winter is so pretty. But that's only if you wrap up warm and don't catch a cold folks.

7 comments:

  1. must of been fun to watch the fireworks, thats what I will be doing this week. :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a lot of fun! and I agree that this time of year is so pretty but sooo cold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw sounds like you had such a nice weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bonfire night, hope you had a great weekend :)

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds super fun! the fireworks picture fits your picture really well.

    thanks for following! i'm following you back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a pretty good weekend! I love fireworks, I wish we did Bonfire Night here, hyaha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely blog ! :)

    http://gopolaysia.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

thankyou for taking the time to comment!
oh gosh, i get way too excited.