Wednesday 2 January 2013

Les Misérables

I don't think you realise just how excited I am about this film. Aside from being a legendary musical, adapted from the French novel by Victor Hugo, the cast is amazing. Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried and my gorgeous darling Eddie Redmayne star, with Helena Bonham Carter and Sacha Baron Cohen appearing as the Thenardiers, an extravagantly eccentric couple who suit both actors perfectly. If a film adaptation of one of the biggest musicals in the world wasn't enough of a challenge for the actors, the songs are all sung live on set. I personally think that this is a genius idea, especially considering the emotions involved with many of the characters, as it replaces the falseness of recording separate from the acting with a fragility that cannot be created in a studio. Props to Claude-Michel Schönberg who wrote the amazing music too.

Les Misérables, the show of shows, is now reborn as the cinematic musical experience of a lifetime. NINE DAYS PEOPLE. Oh my gosh, and The Great Gatsby is released this summer. I'll be back with more fanatical excitement when that comes around.

p.s. this 'Big Booby Bitchin' post is the best that I have read in a while. It's like my booby bible.

9 comments:

  1. omg you're not the only one! I've been begging my friends to come with me to see it on the 11th - so so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trailer for this looks INCREDIBLE.
    Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Australia so I saw this a couple of days ago, and it was wonderful!! I am definitely going to see it again while it's still at the movies. The cast was perfect (as you mentioned) and my goodness can Anne Hathaway and Amanda Seyfried sing!

    You will absolutely love it :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see this, reading this post has gotten me even more excited! xo

    http://www.jenventure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm absolutely desperate to see this, it looks incredible!
    I'm now following you :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the most perfect film this year! I've been to see it twice and I have the soundtrack, nothing better for early mornings! :)

    Elle xxx
    http://ellelouisee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

thankyou for taking the time to comment!
oh gosh, i get way too excited.